It’s the start of a brand new school year, and we thought we’d put together a few posts with some detailed instructions for all our new users! We’re very excited to welcome you on board our community of young readers.
In this first tutorial, we’d like to show you how to log your reading time.
- Sign in to Reading Rewards by clicking on the ‘Login’ button from the welcome page. Don’t have an account yet? Make sure you use the sign-up button, first. It’s free!
- This will take you automatically to your ‘My Reading’ page. This page is divided into in 4 main sections:
- My Library shows you all the books you have read or are reading.
- My Wishlist contains your book wish list.
- My Profile shows you your summary statistics and reading level
- Log Reading Time, which shows you your reading log history.
- Click on ‘Log Reading Time’ in your Reading Log section:
- That will take you to the Reading Log Detail screen below
- If you are adding a new book, the following screen will open up:
- Once you have clicked on the book title, you will be taken to the following screen. Click on ‘Add to my Library’.
- This will take you back to the Reading Log Detail screen:Notice the book title is now filled in.
- Enter your reading time in Hours and Minutes. In this example, we read for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- You can also enter the number of pages you read, and any comments you might have about those pages.
- If you finished the book, select ‘Yes’, and we will ask to rate and review your book. You can earn bonus RR Miles if you provide a lengthy enough review. ‘I really like it’ isn’t enough if you want bonus points!
- Once you have filled in your reading log entry, click on the ‘Save’ button.
- That will take you back to your ‘My Reading’ page.
- Notice your newest reading log entry now appears. If your reading gets automatically validated, it will appear with a green check mark status. If your reading does not get automatically validated, your parents will be receiving a validation email, and the reading will appear with a red ‘X’, as below:
- It’s as easy as that! Notice that your book now appears in your virtual library. Once your reading gets validated, your total reading time will appear in your profile section. If ever you need to print off your reading log using a number of different reading log templates, you can click on the printer icon in the footer of your reading history, or click on the ‘Printables’ tab. Just click on any of the templates to download your reading history!
Reading-Rewards.com is an online reading log/reading incentive program with a little something for all kids. Designed to encourage reluctant readers by rewarding time spent reading in various ways, Reading Rewards also has tools for eager readers who want to share their reading experiences in a fun, safe, online community.