Once you have signed up for one of our accounts from the Reading Rewards home page, your first step as teacher or librarian will be to set up your group.
- From the ‘Groups’ tab, click on the ‘Create a New Group’ button.
- Click on ‘Next’
- You will get a notification that your group has been created, and your group will appear in your list.
- You can now either create student accounts yourself, or get your students to register themselves from the home page of the website. Students will need to provide an email address (either their own or a parent’s) if they register on their own. Be sure to tell them your group name, we will ask them for it upon registration!
- To create the student accounts yourself, click on the ‘Add Student to Group’ button. That will open up the following form:
- Fill in the required information, and then click on ‘Save this student’ or ‘Save & Add Another Student’
- When you have created your student accounts, you can hand out user names and passwords to your students, and get them started! Make sure they view our first tutorial, How To Log Reading Time.
- Once your group is up and running, here are a few things you will be able to do using the buttons on your group page:
- Follow your group’s progress from the ‘Target’ tab!
- See a nice dashboard of all your group members, what they’re currently reading, and how much!
- If you click on a student name, you will be able to see their public page, which shows you their virtual library and their reviews:
- Cool Charts show you how everyone is doing in a nice, visual manner: all-time reading, this week’s reading, today’s reading.
- View detailed reading log entries on the ‘Reading Log Detail’ tab
- View your members’ latest book reviews
There’s still lots more to discover! Your group’s page will also feature a weekly reading race, a mini ‘blog’, an RR Store (where you can set up rewards for your students to purchase with their reading points or RR Miles), and more!
We’re always eager to hear your comments and feedback, so please do share in the comments section below.